Thursday, March 14, 2013

Perspective

Joe is often good at capturing our everyday life on camera.  He takes pictures of things I would never think to capture.  For instance, the picture below.
 
 
When I quizzed him on why in the world he was taking a picture of the fruit bowl, he responded that it was just such a large mountain of fruit sitting on the counter that he felt the need to record it.  My response was that it was merely a two week supply around here, if that. 
 
To me, who buys, carts home, unpackages, cuts up and doles out the fruit on a daily basis:  not really that impressive.  To Joe, who pays for said fruit and walks through the kitchen to see it mysteriously appear on the counter one afternoon in one great mountain:  impressive.
 
Someday when all six of my kids are grown and gone and our fruit bowl has just a few pieces in it each week, I wonder if I'll look back at this picture and count it impressive that we ever consumed so much.
 
I guess it's all a matter of perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment