Friday, March 15, 2013

Delinquent

On February 16th, after weeks of waiting for the big day, Xandra lost her first tooth.


Thankfully, there was little drama involved.  On Saturday afternoon Xandra informed Joe she'd like him to help her get the tooth out because it was bothering her.   After about 15 minutes of tinkering in her mouth with a string that wouldn't stay on the tooth, the tooth basically fell out of her mouth on its own.





We made up a special box for the tooth to keep it until the tooth fairy arrived to retrieve the tooth.  Xandra helped design and color the box.



Our tooth fairy didn't come the first night.  Pretty lame if you ask me.  I had no idea tooth faries were so forgetful.  They're a lot like mamas in that way.




On day two Xandra took matters into her own hands.  She wrote the tooth fairy a note:  Deer tooth Fary,  Pless cume.  I lost my Furst tooth.  P.S. Wut do you do with the teeth? 

I didn't help her with the note at all.  She just showed it to me after she wrote it.


The note must have worked.  On night two, quietly placed near her pillow was a "tooth receipt" complete with a response letter on back and $.50 in the box in place of the newly lost tooth.


The good news is that there's another loose tooth on the top now.  The bad news is I have a feeling we're stuck with a delinquent tooth fairy for life.

1 comment:

  1. The Tooth Fairy forgot on my son's birthday - his BIRTHDAY - so please tell Xandra that she does have a hard time making her promised appointments in other parts of the country too. :)

    ReplyDelete