Sunday, March 17, 2013

Now and Then

In mid February, my friend Sheila and her two girls, Katelyn and Emily came for a visit while Joe was out of town for a few days.
 
We had many adventures, including making a snack with 100 pieces ( a leftover activity from our 100th day that we never got to),
 
 
reading lots of books,


Emily
playing dress up
 
 
stealing pacifiers from our friends (Emily did NOT like this game or Tikvah, the paci theif for that matter),

 
Bible Stories and songs,


 
school time,

 
pretend naptime,


and fun with blocks.


 
Before they left we snapped a picture of all the kids
 
Emily, Aliyah, Joey, Xandra, Katelyn, Tikvah, Theia
 
but forgot to get one of the moms.

 
We also had some fun reliving memories of days gone by when life looked different:  no husbands, no kids and we were roommates instead of visitors in one another's homes.  Despite the many changes, some things remain:  1.  this has survived the 10+ years
 
 
I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  It's an egg wrap that my husband (then boyfriend) shrink wrapped around our salt shaker instead of an egg when we were decorating Easter eggs at our apartment.  I had no idea Sheila still had it and certainly couldn't imagine that she was still using it, egg wrap and all.
 
2.  The man who shrink wrapped the above salt shaker is still as unpredictable as he was back then, although most would never describe him as such. That's one of the things I like most about really knowing him.  It's good he's unpredictable.  He keeps me laughing and he keeps me on my toes.
 
3.  I still enjoy Sheila's companionship today, much like I did 10 years ago when we were footloose and fancy free.
 
4.  The salt shaker is still funny, atleast to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment