Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fare Princess

It's been years, and I don't really know how it all got started, but the girls have been playing the made up game of Fare Princess (Fairy Princess) since before Theia could talk.  When we lived in Maryland, they would play it with their friends, Ava, Jillian, Andrew and Faith.  I've never really had a deep understanding of this game.  When I ask them, they usually don't have much to say in the way of explaining the game, its parts or its rules.  I do know it means they dress up, sometimes there is a bad guy (which used to be Andrew and is now Joey) and that's about where my knowledge of things end.  Until recently, that is.  Until I found this:


the holy grail of Fare Princess, sitting on the counter.


Now everything is crystal clear, sort of. 


They're the Fare princess rules and they're sort of written in code (so allow me to interpret as best I can):
*no atacking the casle (no attacking the castle)
*no steleng (no stealing)
*no yoosing her magic (no using her magic)
*no magic tricks 
*no ridening in her caridg at nit or day (no riding in her carrige at night or day)
*no ridening on her horses (no riding on her horses)
*no steling wings (no stealing wings)
*no tacking prisnrs (no taking prisoners)

Now that I finally have all this figured out, Xandra informed me last week that she thought she might be getting too old to play Fare Princess.  Then a few hours later I asked the girls what they were doing and she said, "Playing Fare Princess."  A princess is allowed to change her mind, isn't she?  

Mabee thay shood rite that in the rools.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed by Xandra's spelling. She did a great job figuring out a lot of the words. And now it makes a lot more sense to me too...sort of. :-)

    ReplyDelete