Monday, February 7, 2011

Unstuffing


The morning after Christmas around our house is the time when we usually tear into stockings. This year, however, since momma was a bit under the weather, we put it off for a day.   Xandra was old enough to know that things were out of sync but she didn't give me too much trouble over the delayed appearance of the fun tradition of unstuffing stockings.



As usual, nestled in the stockings are hats and scarves for each girl.  I whipped these up out of some leftover fleece.


They also each got an apron.  The aprons are double sided with pockets along the bottom.  I made a number of these this summer and we've shared them with many of the girls' friends for birthdays and special events.  I think the girls were excited to get their own to wear around their kitchen.




Aliyah also got a crayon wallet, too.  Xandra and Theia got theirs last Christmas and she's done her fair share of stealing theirs away this year.  I decided she was big enough for one, too, and whipped one up for her a few weeks before Christmas.



There were a few other odds and ends, some homemade playdough, individual tape dispensers, flip flops, socks, and of course, a bit of candy (which the big girls got to eat a piece of before breakfast).


For the first year, I, too, got a stocking.  Thanks, Santa.  Joe informed me, as I was unstuffing my stocking that good stockings have two primary parts (I fill our stockings each year and I had no idea there were rules):

1.  Lots of small loose things (I had a pair of socks (brightly striped, warm and fuzzy), a Susan Boyle Christmas CD (yay!), and some corn on the cob holders (they were loose in the bottom)) 
2.  Something sweet (I got a big SAMS bag of Splenda since I'm trying to drop some weight right now.  I love Splenda, but hate to spend the money on it as it's very expensive, so it was the perfect gift!). 

I'm glad I now know how to properly fill the stockings.  I would greatly dislike (Xandra always yells at me when I say hate) it if our children grew up with improperly stuffed stockings.  I'm guessing it would be a real black spot on their childhoods. 

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed by what you are able to "whip up"! Faith saw the crayon wallet and said "I have that!" She was very excited. The aprons are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete