Thursday, September 16, 2010

What A Difference A Day Makes


On Thursday evening we spent our second to last evening as a family of five at Brookside Gardens enjoying a picnic and stroll throughout the gardens in the cool evening air. 


On Friday evening we spent the night very differently: in labor.


At 7:58AM on Saturday, September 11, all Trisha's hard work paid off and we welcomed the sixth member of our family into the world.


Joseph Andrew Pull, named after his father and his uncle (Joe's brother), weighed in at 7 lbs. 13 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long.


Unlike his three sisters before him, he arrived healthy and happy with no complications or NICU doctors.


Despite his lengthy 13 1/2 hour labor (the last two girls' labors were 8 & 9 hours) during which Trisha was required to continually walk in order to keep the contractions moving, all was forgiven when he arrived.


We're so grateful for this handsome, healthy baby boy.


Welcome to the world, Baby Joey.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations on Baby Joey! He sure is a cutie even though he was a little mean to his mommy before arriving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, pictures! I do finally believe, at last, that you have a boy :-) Congrats - we can't wait to show Liam what a boy cousin looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Baby Joey is a beautiful baby. Trisha, I'm so sorry you had to work for so long to get him here:( I know it's all worth it now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trisha, you need to brag on yourself a little! You did an amazing job with AN ALL NATURAL CHILD-BIRTH. :-)
    (By the way, I think your labor pictures are awesome; your expressions are priceless!).

    I am so proud of you and Joey is absolutely adorable. We love your whole family of SIX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, again! What a beautiful baby boy--nice work, Mom & Dad!

    Thanks for posting the pictures of the Pull reunion, too. I had a wonderful time enjoying all of you! I also want to thank you for sending me the disk--you are amazing, Trisha!

    I hope you BOTH can get enough rest (especially Trisha!), so you don't collapse from exhaustion. You cannot fool me because I've been there, done that, with four kiddos. I wish I could be there to help--I'm sorry!

    Give hugs and kisses to you all from me!
    Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay yay yay! When Pastor Colin announced that you had a boy everyone cheered! You shoulda been there - oh wait, you were busy! :) Congratulations and we are looking forward to getting to know Joey and loving on him.

    ReplyDelete