Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just Lion Around

Joe's gift to the girls this past Christmas is the stepstool, I mean lion, in the above picture. This lion has a steel frame inside and can hold up to 140 pounds. When he's not acting as a stepstool, the girls drag him, rather awkwardly, from one end of the house to the other and play doctor with him, too.

Last week as we were leaving the house Xandra asked if she could bring a toy in the car. I told her that was fine and to pick it out while I got sisters in the van. When I reentered the house after getting Theia and Liyah situated, Xandra was at the doorway attempting to wrestle the lion out the door. I asked her what she was doing and she informed me that this was the toy she wanted to bring in the van. Once I recovered from my laughter, I informed her that the lion was not coming in the car. Her disappointment was great, but I think she somehow knew she was not going to get away with the lion in the car. After that, the lion sat in the entryway for two days, as if at any moment someone would carry him to the car for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment