Monday, October 28, 2013

Nuts

As we were walking out the door one evening to head to VBS, my friend Sheila called from the road.  Her daughter, Katelyn had gotten gum stuck in her hair en route to VBS.  Have we left?  Could we bring a jar of peanut butter?  We had definitely not left, being the punctual people that we are,  and we definitely had a huge jar of peanut butter.  I asked Joe to grab the peanut butter for me since I didn't have any extra hands to make it out to the car.  When I stooped to pick Isaiah up a few minutes later, I saw this:


Joe mentioned something about checking to see if he had a peanut allergy.


Then he said something like, "Are you nuts? (undoubtedly pun intended)" There was no reason for him to go all the way out to the car


when Isaiah was happy to carry it for him.


I rolled my eyes, looked to Isaiah for some back up


and finding he was no help at all, picked him up, while he kindly carried the peanut butter, and carted him out to the car.  I then proceeded to field questions about Isaiah and peanut butter all the way to VBS.

PS - If ever your daughter with long curly hair gets peanut butter in her hair, do not, I repeat, DO NOT put it in a bun until the peanut butter arrives.  Peanut butter will help no such situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment