Tuesday, October 8, 2013

In Training

Joey has a monkey shirt.

 

Isaiah has a monkey shirt.

 Whenever Joey wears his monkey shirt,


he storms into my room first thing in the morning and says,

 "Isaiah and I be monkeys together."


Then he immediately fishes in Isaiah's clothes for the right shirt.

 When he finds it


he hands it to me and insists I immediately put it on,


even though I generally only have one eye open 


and am still trying to pretend to sleep.


Even though the baby is asleep and I'm not changing his clothes.

 That's what I think of whenever I see this shirt.


Isaiah has since outgrown the shirt,

 
but occasionally  when Joey where's his monkey shirt,

 he'll still storm into my room at 6:55AM

 and say, "Isaiah and I be monkeys together."

 Then I explain that for now, there's only one monkey in our house.  His name is Joey, but this monkey-in-training isn't far behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment