Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mommy's Little Cupcake

Rumor has it that Joe wore pink baby clothes at one point because it's all his mother had to put on him.  I've never understood this until recently.


Yes.  These are pictures of Isaiah.


Wearing Pink.  Hot Pink.


I didn't mean for him to wear a pink onesie.  It just sort of happened.  Joe always loves to hear me say that.


We went to Auntie Laura's house for the day and Isaiah pooped right through his diaper and clothes within ten minutes of arriving at her place.  Being the prepared mother that I am, I had no clean clothes for him, or any of my children, in the diaper bag.  So, we did what any sane person would do, we borrowed from cousins.  The only problem is that in the Hermunslie house there are four girls.  No boys (save Uncle Ryan, and his clothes won't fit).  Not only were there no boy clothes in the house, there were kids sleeping in the bedrooms where we may have been able to find something a little more neutral than hot pink.  I proceeded to do what any mother of six children with a newborn would do:  laugh heartily and put this hot pink onesie on the baby and snap lots of pictures.


As you can see, he wasn't impressed.  Neither was his father a few hours later when I brought home his baby boy in a hot pink onesie with the title, "Mommy's little cupcake."

No comments:

Post a Comment