Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Broken Hearts

On Valentine's Day three of my Valentine's helped me bake some special treats.


First we mixed up some sugar cookie dough. 


Then we rolled out the dough,


cut out our hearts,


and unwrapped the candies.



The candies were placed inside a circle we cut out of the heart.  Then we baked the cookies and the candy melted inside to create a yummy and pretty stained glass heart cookie.   We gave our edible artwork to daddy and our friends in place of giving them Valentines. 

I took a picture of every step in the process but never captured the final product.  The lack of picture may have resulted from the sudden and deep dark despair that came over me when my Valentine inadvertently smashed them to smithereens by sitting on them.  I guess I was suffering from broken hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment