Monday, May 3, 2010

It's a...

Quincy had his first photo shoot today. See if you can identify these parts of the anatomy from the pictures below (in case you need help, the labels are below the pictures):

spine

profile shot (head, abdomen and hand)


left foot


right foot (or maybe the other way around, can you tell?)



this picture says leg, but it also looks like the head is in that shot, too. If they ever took a picture like this of me in the womb, I'm pretty sure it was the last time my head and leg were that close together in the same picture.

leg,

profile again,

anyone else feel like singing the hokey pokey?
That's all I can think of with all these body parts,

face (is it just me or do these shots make the baby look like an alien?)

"you put your head in, you put you're head out, you put your head in..."

anybody wondering yet if it's a boy or a girl?
Can you tell from this piece of anatomy?

I didn't think so...
this is the heart (actually it's a cool picture with all four chambers showing) and the heartbeat (which was 143 ( a nice middle of the road, I won't devulge my sex kind of number)).

This is a cool 3-D shot. I kind of go between thiking it's cool and it's creepy. You can really see some detail in the baby's face and arm (cool), but it just looks so unnatural (creepy).

If you're still wondering what we're having, after this whole blog post, then I guess you aren't as smart as I thought, so I'll just tell you:
We're
having
a
(drumroll please)
a
are you ready????????
a
make a guess before you look....
a
here it is
a
BABY!
I thought you knew that by now.


"Do the hooooookey pokey, do the hooooookey pokey, do the hoooooookey pokey..."
The baby is healthy and looking good. He or she (whichever you prefer) is set to arrive in mid-September at which time they will devulge their height, weight, general disposition, and sex.
"that's what it's all about!"

3 comments:

  1. Well shoot, I fell for the "Quincy had his first photo shoot today" line, thinking it is a boy. But I'm glad you're not finding out (or telling) because that is certainly an exciting surprise to wait for! The sonogram pics are AMAZING. I used to look at these things (when I worked at an ultrasound office 15 yrs ago) and never had a clue what I was supposed to be seeing. But these are so clear and the 3D one is cool. Yay for technology! Congratulations again on your BABY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was certainly not getting my hopes up. And good thing I didn't. You can be pretty cruel sometimes. I'm still sticking with my guess though. I can't wait to meet your little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy Quincy is looking great! :-) We can't wait to meet him/ her this September.

    ReplyDelete