Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Few Good Friends

While Joe and I were galavanting across the country, our girls stayed behind in Maryland with friends. Aliyah stayed with friends Ava and Andrew for the weekend. I think she enjoyed herself. Here are some of the pictures their mom, Julie, sent me on my phone from their weekend together.

Xandra and Theia stayed with friends Madeline and Oliver. Naomi, their mom, has made a full recording of their adventures for the weekend on her blog, but I pirated some of the pictures for our archives as well. It looks as though they had a great time at the park.

That's Madeline and Oliver's dad, Andrew.

I think bathtime was also a big hit!

We came home to a sick Theia. Upon taking her to the doctor the following day, we found she had croup, a sinus infection, and an ear infection. Just as I thought she was out of the woods, she spiked a fever again yesterday and when we took her back to the doctor, they determined she needed new antibiotics to fight bronchitis.


Our parting gift to our kind and generous friends was for everyone in the house (except Andrew) to get Theia's virus. They've all been sick since last week, but we're hoping everyone in both houses will be back to normal soon! Thankfully, they've been good sports and any grudges they're holding are silent ones, as they're still talking to us.

Thanks, Glenns and Lockards for your kindness, generosity, and adventurous spirit. We appreciate you!

3 comments:

  1. Yes we are silently holding grudges!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! There, not so silent anymore!! You're funny. And that will be $5 for each photo you stole. I believe that brings you to a total of $65. Would you like me to send you a Paypal invoice? :) I'm glad you guys were able to get a weekend away. Every parent needs that every now and then. Too bad it wasn't to a spa or the beach. Your girls a sweet and fun. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're much better at making money than your husband. He only makes $1.00 at a time, you make $65.00. Maybe you should be guest posting on How to Make a Dollar!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... after reviewing the stolen photographs it appears 4 of them were stolen from me. So, I will definitely be sending you a paypal invoice for $21. The extra dollar is for the pain and suffering I have experienced.

    ReplyDelete