Friday, May 28, 2010

Culinary Chaos

Two weeks ago, three friends, Naomi, Julie, and Lauren, joined me for a freezer cooking marathon.

We spent five hours one evening prepping, cooking, chopping, and assembling meals for our families. We made chicken fingers, enchiladas, manicotti, stromboli, fajitas, breakfast burritos, ravioli lasgana, and sloppy joes.

Julie & I work on stuffing the manicotti.

Lauren assembled and wrapped approximately 80 breakfast burritos.

Naomi's mom was in town, and she joined us, too. She helped out with cooking and baby care. She was a BIG help. Thanks, Beth!

Despite all that cooking, a few meat mixups, and a few miscommunications over cheese, we're all still friends. Well, at least I still like all of them.

The finished product was 32 meals (8/family), wrapped and ready for our freezers.

The other finished product was four very tired mammas, one tired Grandma, and one sleepy Anna!

So far the Pulls have tried the fajitas, manicotti, breakfast burritos and stromboli. We give a thumbs up to all of them! I'm also giving a big thumbs up to the lack of dinnertime chaos at our house every since cooking night. After much skepticism, I have to admit I may be a freezer cooking convert.

Thanks, ladies, for a fun night and for some delicious food!

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun hanging out with you guys. And I still like you :) We have tried the pizza roll ups. They were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freezer Cooking pretty much rocks my world! It's a lot of work to plan and implement, but boy is it worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete