Sunday, February 17, 2013

Slow Learner

I have a confession:  A few years ago (I hate to think how many), some kind, generous friends of ours gave me a pasta maker and being the adventurous sort that I am, I tucked it away in the cabinet and have never used it.  Until last month.  Last month, as a gift to Joe, I made homemade pasta and homemade alfredo sauce.  

After making the dough, pressing it in the pasta maker,



drying the pasta sheets for a few minutes,


and using the pasta maker to cut the noodles,


I have decided a few things:
1.  I was foolish to not give the pasta maker a try before, but I was glad I finally took the plunge.
2.  Pasta dough is simple and forgiving.  It's literally eggs, flour and a bit of water.
3.  Pasta making is fun.
4.  Homemade pasta is WAY easier than I would have guessed.
5.  Homemade pasta is DELICIOUS!
6.  Homemade pasta does NOT take hours and hours of slaving away in the kitchen.  It's less than a half of an hour of active time.

It only took me a few years to come to these conclusions.  We have two words for that in our house:  slow learner.

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried to make homemade pasta. I can't believe it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete