Friday, February 1, 2013

Almost

For several years, I've wanted to make an Advent Calendar for our family.  Last year in October, I set to the task and after a mere one-year delay, I finally finished it...



well, almost.

 

I finished it enough for the kids to hang up the ornaments tucked in the little boxes for the first 18 days of December.




After day 18, I cheated with some prefab ornaments and promises that next year I will finish the last six ornaments.


We weren't actually home for the last four days of counting, so my "fake" ornament cop out was really only used for two days.


I also made up for it with some candy tucked inside a few of the boxes.  That brought smiles and forgiveness,
 

and a few reminders from a certain six year old that next year I'd better get those finished.  
320 days and counting.

1 comment:

  1. Trisha, that is beautiful! So glad you found the time to make it. My question is who decides which child gets to put the ornament up on a given day? I remember as a kid making a schedule for my siblings to take turns with a similar Christmas wall hanging and rigging it so my turn would come up on Dec. 24. (Julie in NYC)

    ReplyDelete