Sunday, January 29, 2012

Grand Old Time

We have a good time around our house.


Usually there's a fair amount of silliness to our good times, like Aliyah sticking her head in her pasta bowl at dinner,


or Theia dancing like a crazy person.


Most often Joe and I get to be a part of the good times and silliness, but on a recent morning when Joe and I were home, all four kids disappeared behind the closed door of the girls' bedroom.  After sometime had passed without any arguments, fighting, crying or whining, I poked my head in to investigate.


"What's going on in here?" I asked, while observing all four kids happily playing on the bed amidst blankets, pillows and stuffed animals.


Xandra proudly announced, "We're having a grand old time without you and daddy."


And they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment