Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday Blizzard

My 32nd birthday came amidst the dumping of snow we received in February. We spent the whole day inside watching the snow fall and fall and fall. Joe even stayed home from work as the Metro was shutdown from all of the snow.

I had many fun phone calls and stayed in my pajamas all day long. The girls and I made muffins for breakfast and brownies in place of a birthday cake.

Joe and I actually celebrated my birthday several weeks later by attending dinner and a concert given by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. Joe found the concert on his own and surprised me with the tickets. The concert featured a Bach Duo Concerto featuring oboe and violin. Itzak Perlman was the violinist and he was wonderful to listen to and watch. I also enjoyed the melodious sounds of the first chair oboist from BSO. It was a wonderful evening out and one of the more thoughtful birthday gifts I've been given (before kids I played oboe extensively, so hearing a fine oboist featured in concert is a real treat for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment