Monday, July 22, 2013

Packing and Loading

After lots of packing and sorting and organizing, it was time to load the truck

 

Joe had a crew of helpers ready to help.


Or at least ready to run up and down the cool ramp on the moving truck.


Piles of boxes that took me weeks to pack,


got loaded on the truck in just a few short hours.


Joe even helped pack a few bins and boxes when I wasn't looking.


We usually have an agreement about these things.  I pack, he loads.  And this is why:


he has this tendency to pack up things I've no intention of packing up, yet.


The first truck of boxes and furniture were loaded, with the help of two friends, about one week before our final move, and then taken to storage.  As a consequence, we spent a lot of time our final week in Bismarck like this:


eating, playing, and even sleeping (on a mattress) on the floor.  

Our last day and a half in Bismarck, Grandma Mary and Grandpa Tim came to our rescue by helping to load the final items on a second truck, helping us clean, and then taking the kids to their place so we could finish up the final details and sign paperwork.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could have been there to help you with your move. But I am glad that you had Grandma Mary and Grandpa Tim there! Also, I want you to know that we pray for you lots as a family. Last night, Jillian was super sad because she really misses her friend Xanda. She was cuddling with her Friends Forever/ handprint shirt they made together. We love you and miss you, but I am excited to see all that God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete