Monday, January 28, 2013

Old and New

Thanksgiving in Bismarck was different than our Thanksgiving's of recent years.  It combined both the old and new.  

The old was the same:  like melting the chocolate

  

and waiting for the chocolate to melt,


 so we could make our chocolate pilgrim hats


together.

We also made place settings (turkeys filled with Reese's Pieces and pilgrim hats to hold crayons at the dinner table (somehow I managed no pictures of these two items) and applesauce, just like in years' past.  

But other things were different:
We celebrated with Joe's family (all but one sister were with us on Thanksgiving Day and then she and her family joined us the following day, too) and I learned how to stuff a bird for the first time.

 

Uncle Josh is an expert stuffing maker, so he made the stuffing and then showed me the ins and outs of getting into the bird.


I found the process interesting but also kind of gross and slimy.



When I'd had enough of the fun, Liam took over to finish the job.


 Unlike me, he was an old pro at stuffing that bird.


Other new things:  turkey crafts with Auntie Beth during the day, black olives on the table and my mom's beautiful china to share the meal on.


No comments:

Post a Comment