Friday, October 22, 2010

Little Momma

I'm often asked how the girls are adjusting to having a new brother in the house.  My response is that they are doing well.  They all show interest in him at various points throughout the day, love to tell me if he's crying, ask to hold him, and try their best to help me take care of his needs by getting blankies, burp clothes, and picking out outfits for him to wear. 

Lately Theia seems to be especially captivated by the baby.  It is not uncommon for Theia to run up to the baby after not seeing him for awhile and say, "Baby Joey, baby Joey, baby Joey." 

Two weekends ago as we were getting ready to go somewhere I left the baby on our bed while I got ready to go.  She sat on the bed for a long time and talked to baby Joey, held his hand, and let him suck her finger when he cried.  As we got closer to leaving I moved baby Joey to his carseat.  After strapping him into his seat and leaving the room, I came back into the room to see this:


Theia was happily reading a book to baby Joey.  She would stop to show him the pictures occassionally and then carry on with the story. 


Theia is not the only one who likes to help take care of the baby and shower him with attention.  Earlier this week I caught Aliyah on video tape gving Joey some attention, too.


After playing with the baby, Aliyah was certain that he needed to eat.


It's sometimes a tough balance between letting them love him and preventing them from harming him (as seen above).  I hope as Joey grows, he continues to keep his mild, easy going manner.  He's going to need it with pamering from the likes of his sisters.   

2 comments:

  1. Trisha, it is so precious to see your girls loving on little Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Sleep 'n Play Joey is wearing! My, he's super handsome in it :-)

    ReplyDelete