Thursday, October 28, 2010

What You Get at 4AM

A few weeks ago around the four o'clock hour, the one in the morning when normal people who don't live in newbornland are sleeping, my husband rolled over and in a dazed stupor said, "What are you doing?"  I sheepishly replied, "Taking a few pictures.  I haven't taken any of Joey in awhile and I keep forgetting during the day, so I thought I'd just take a few right now."   I'm pretty sure Joe was asleep again before I even finished my explanation, but not before he rolled his eyes at me.  He also made sure to inquire about my photoshoot antics first thing in the morning as I was wondering around in my lack-of-sleep haze.

I can't say what I was thinking taking pictures instead of sleeping, except that I felt awake enough to take them, but I can recommend 4AM for one month old pictures if you'd like to snap pictures of an alert baby.  This is not something you usually see in a one month old at 4PM when conventional wisdom tells you it's a good time to take pictures.





Someday I'll learn to edit photos, but in the meantime you can enjoy the realness of that huge spit up, or is it pee?, stain on my bed.  That's what 1 month olds are really about, well, that and 4AM.








In other one month old news, Joey weighed in at 9 lbs. 4 oz. and was 21.5 inches long.  He's generally mild mannered, spits up a lot, has peed on the doctor twice and his mother once (don't worry, he got daddy with poop!), and has slept a few four hour stretches.  He's regularly woken from naps by his big sisters, enjoys tummy time and has already tried on his first high heel

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really did have a little photoshoot in the middle of the night! He's so cute. I'm loving those polar bear jammies. I want some.

    ReplyDelete