Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Patch: Part 2, Obstacles

After watching pumpkins fly across the field, we took on the obstacle course.
 






 
Then, while we were wandering about the patch, we got some free tickets from another family.

 
The free tickets allowed us to take a ride on the train.


 
After the train we went to the corn crib.

 
Aka a sandbox filled with corn instead of sand.

 
Joe buried the girls alive.



 
Then we took a few pictures



 
picked a pumpkin and let it have a ride since it weighed more than Joey and Tikvah,

 
but not before Joe made fun of me.

 
Then checked out and headed to the car.  When we arrived at the car, I realized I had no idea where the car keys were...absolutely no idea.  After emptying out the diaper bag, every coat pocket, and the stroller and finding no keys, I headed back to the patch to see if I could find them while everyone else sat down for a break.


 
I begged God all the way back to let me easily find the keys.  In a direct answer to prayer, the first employee I found had them in her possession.  Someone found them in the middle of the main walking road and turned them in to her.  She looked at me funny when I said, "Thank you, Jesus."  She could not possibly understand how tired the five kids and two parents involved in this mini fiasco were, and how silly I felt for losing my keys at a pumpkin patch and how glad I was to report quickly to my husband that we found the keys.  If you've known me for any amount of time, then you are well acquainted with the fact that often these types of things turn into a long, laborious ordeal, which involves lots of embarassing explanation on my part...I'm happy to report that, for once, there was an easy, quick solution and a short, simple explanation to my predicament. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that "the lost keys" issue was resolved quickly! It looks like y'all had an amazing time at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gives a whole new meaning to "Children of the Corn" doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete