Friday, December 7, 2012

Redecorating

When Julie and Seager were here, we had many adventures, one of which included the painting of a room in the basement.  We didn't finish while they were here, but they helped me get a great start (Hi Tikvah)!
 
 
Please do not adjust your screen, that is actually neon orange and neon blue on those walls. 

 
 I've never checked, but I feel certain they must have glowed in the dark. 

 
Christine assured me that at least one of her teenage girls would have LOVED the colors in the room.  Being that I'm pushing 35 and have been an old-fogey for a long time, those colors just weren't screaming peaceful guest room to me and I was happy to remove them from the house. 

 
We painted it these two colors instead. 
 
 
The pictures don't translate the colors the best, but they're a blue/gray/green color. I like the darker of the two colors the best and wish we had just painted the whole room the darker color, but I was afraid it would close the room in too much. For once in an aesthetic situation, I should have listened to my husband. Don't tell him I said so, it's not good for our marriage because then he'll feel obligated to mention the fact that I should have listened to him everytime the room is mentioned in coversation. I know it's hard to believe he would ever rub it in. Don't worry, I don't hold grudges either. I would never waste an entire paragraph of your time writing about it.
Anyway, as I was saying, the new colors are nice.  They work a little better with the bedspread (Hi Xandra!),

 
pictures and curtains that are in the room.

 
Besides removing the unsightly orange from the house, getting that room painted inspired me to finish putting wall hangings up the following week.  Here's my favorite wall in the house.  It's Joe's least favorite, but that's just because he had to hang all those pictures up.
 
 
It is missing one picture.
 
 
We'll hang up Yoshi's picture sometime after he arrives in late June. 
 
My goal before he arrives is to remove the almost-as-ugly-as-the-orange green/purple color combination from one of the other basement bedrooms. 

1 comment: