Thursday, October 25, 2012

Unchanged

Every once in awhile God surprises me with a reconnection to a friend from the past in a very unexpected way.  In mid July a friend from my Kansas days, my single, no kids, staying up late, free wheeling days, emailed me saying she'd heard we were living in Bismarck now.  She mentioned that her grandmother lived in Bismarck and that she and her family were coming to visit her soon.  We made arrangements for them to stop by one morning.  Then one July morning, four plus years after the last time I'd seen her, she appeared on my doorstep in Bismarck, North Dakota with her TWO boys (neither of which were even born last time I'd seen her).  They came, stayed and played for several hours.  We fit in as much catch up as we could from four years of not seeing one another and her presence was like a breath of fresh air.
 
 
That reminded me that despite all the changes, somethings, like this sweet-spirited breath of fresh air pictured above, don't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment