Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cherry Blossoms at Dusk

Last Friday evening the girls and I ventured to downtown DC to meet Joe after work. We had a picnic with Chris, a friend from our Clerkship days, and then ventured over to see the blossoming cherry trees on the Tidal Basin.

Our picnic took place on the grounds surrounding the Washington Monument.

The girls enjoyed the wide open spaces to run and play.

After our picnic, we enjoyed the Cherry Blossoms at dusk.

The girls really enjoyed watching the ducks on the Tidal Basin and the airplanes soaring just above us on their way to Reagan National Airport.

Unfortunately, dusk is not an ideal time to take beautiful pictures of blossoming cherry trees.

Despite a late start wherin I forgot bread for sandwiches, Joe's running shoes, and my wallet in the car, a disgusting visit to the porta potties, a forgotten jacket for Xandra (Despite all of my forgotten items, we had two bags and a small cooler for the evening. There was no room for all those forgotten things, anyway.), and a looooong ride home with three tired girls, it was a fun family night.

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave! I'm always impressed over your willingness to hit the Metro with the girls. Especially on a Friday evening (wasn't that a home Caps game, too? yikes!)

    Wanted to leave a comment yesterday but got sidetracked. E. and I enjoyed watching the video over and over again. I laughed when I saw Liyah peeping out of the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete