Saturday, September 12, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Although our young girls have flown many times in their short lives (this seems crazy to both Joe and I), it has rarely been documented. I think we're usually too busy cleaning up spilled drinks, making trips to the potty, and trying to quell the screaming and kicking to take many pictures.

For this flight, both older girls were able to have their own seat. On the previous flight, I held Theia, as she is still considered a lap held infant and must be held unless there is an available seat. I'm not complaining, as this means she gets to fly for free. I'd hold them all until they were five if it meant they could fly for free! While I like it, I'm pretty sure it was not to the liking of the lady directly in front of us. At one point she turned around and asked if I could keep my child from kicking the seat. I understand her annoyance. I wonder if the screaming that ensued for the next 25 minutes as I tried to keep Theia's feet off of the back of her seat was better or worse than the kicking? Needless to say, Theia and I both really enjoyed some space on this leg of the trip.

Liyah, of course, enjoyed the trip in her usual manner. As far as travelling with three small children goes, this was, exhausting, but otherwise uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment