Monday, June 15, 2009

Stacking the Deck

Recently while I was cleaning up the kitchen, Xandra asked if we could play Candyland. I got the game out and told her to set it up. She proceeded to get the board, the cards, and all the playing pieces out of the box while I cleaned up the kitchen from lunch. When I returned from clean up to play the game, I helped her stack up the cards she hadn't managed to get in the pile.

Xandra started the game by luckily drawing the pink princess card that advanced her to near the end of the game path. I cheered her on in her assumed luck of the draw. I, of course, then drew the red card, which advanced my playing piece a mere one hop on the path. Next Xandra produced another pink card with a gum drop on it, which moved her backward in the game, but was still an amazing feat. Two special cards in a row! On her third turn, I finally saw her reach over into the seat next to her and grab another card. A pink special one! While setting up the game, she had very cleverly taken out all of the pink cards and placed them in her booster seat. Then when it was her turn she could have any pick of the fun pink cards that she wanted. I thought they waited until they were at least three to stack the deck!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Brad and I got a good laugh over that one. :-) Thank you for sharing. We will miss you this next week and a half but have LOTS of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very funny! It's funny how they don't have to be taught how to cheat. :)

    ReplyDelete