Sunday, August 18, 2013

Faithful

The first day





and the last day.

 



With the final walk through behind us, the moving truck and car loaded, the house clean and empty, and all the doors locked for the last time, we took a final stroll through the yard.  As we walked, I snapped three pictures:


a bleeding heart bush in the corner of the front of the house, with it's first, delicate bloom;


the irises in back of the house, glorious and beautiful;


and the swingset.

At the time, I was simply capturing a few final moments, a spot of beauty on a difficult day.  In retrospect, I see God. A God who causes the delicate and beautiful to bloom after a rainstorm, a God who answers the prayers of a mama and her young children, a God who was just as faithful the first morning we stood on that porch, hopeful, happy, moving boxes into the home, as He was the final morning as we locked the door, stopped to take in the beauty of His creation, and drove away, sad and uncertain.  Now, looking back, through pictures, I see Him.  Tender.  Compassionate.  Faithful.  Unfailing.

And I'm awed and grateful.

Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“ 
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided— 
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment