Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chocolate Rebellion

House rules are that no one gets sugary treats until they turn two.  On each child's second birthday, I bake a cake, decorate it, and then they get their first try at sugary, sweet cake and ice cream.  At least, that's how it's supposed to happen.  It seems Theia and Liyah have different ideas about the way things should work around here.

Remember our Thanksgiving Turkeys? Two weeks past Thanksgiving, they were still sitting around with Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses inside. Well, they were until Liyah found them and devoured the chocolate, wrappers and all. When she saw me, she immediately started crying.



That's how I feel when I get caught eating all of the chocolates, too.

Speaking of eating all the chocolates, I wrote it before and it seems to be true once again...if I had simply just eaten ALL of the chocolates in the turkeys (just like if I had just eaten all of the chocolates in the van), this never would have happened. 

Lesson learned.  Baby Joey, from now on, I will do my best to rid our house of all chocolate goodies from now until the time when you turn two, so that you, too, will not fall into temptation.  Either that, or I could just learn to pick up after myself. 

I think eating the chocolate sounds much more reasonable.

1 comment:

  1. That's adorable! I love her shirt too: "Holiday treats are the best"! :-)

    ReplyDelete