Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Countdown

The countdown has begun in earnest at our house.  Yesterday the girls and I worked to make a paper chain that would help us count down the days until Quincy's due date. The girls had a great time helping me make the links and then saying the numbers out loud while I wrote them on the links.  We also included a few dates on our links between now and then that we thought were important.


In just six more days, with 20 days left in the Qunicy countdown, we'll celebrate Xandra's fourth birthday.  Xandra, Theia, Joe and I all each took a guess as to the day when Qunicy will actually arrive.  The blurry photos that accompany our guesses are below. 



Theia was the most gracious to guess that the baby would come nine days early.  She was an early bird herself, arriving at 37 1/2 weeks.



We hung the finished product up in the living room and the girls have enjoyed removing the first two links.  How many more links will they get to remove?  My answer is torn between my desire to complete as much of my to do list as possible before the baby comes (lots of links) and a desire to be finished with pregnancy (a few links). 


Eternal glory to the person who guesses correctly in the comments below.  Maybe, if we're lucky, Andrew will contribute a dollar.  I will say, however, your odds are better at guessing the gender, which remains as much a mystery as Qunicy's arrival date.

4 comments:

  1. My guess is a boy on Sept. 9th at 2:53pm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a boy to be born September 7! Can't wait!
    --Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is a girl on Sept. 16th!!!! :) If all of the losers pay me a dollar... I will be glad to give the winner one of them!

    ReplyDelete