Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Panda Umbrellas and Cheese Sticks

Two quick tales from the world of Xandra:

1. Xandra recently placed her panda finger puppet on a play fork from her play kitchen and informed me that it was an umbrella. I suppose it might operate as an umbrella for an ant.

2. I’ve been doing a bit of shopping in the evenings the last few weeks. It’s so much easier to get out without all three kids and now that I’m trying my hand at couponing, I’ve found I need any and all of the brain cells I’ve got left focused on the task at hand. No energies to quell arguments, requests to get up or down in the cart, or shove pacifiers in the mouths of squawling infants.

Joe shared with me a few days ago that whenever I leave and he tells Xandra that I'm going to the grocery store, she always asks if I'm going to buy cheese sticks. Really cute and kind of sad (we haven't had cheese sticks in the house for about three weeks because I keep forgetting to buy them at SAM's Club). I guess when cheese sticks account for 82% of your diet, you become concerned when there's a scarcity of them in the house.

1 comment: