Saturday, April 4, 2009

Early Adolesence

I’m pretty sure some days we have a thirteen year old living in our home. I must hear the phrases, “I don’t want to...” or “I don’t like…” twenty-five times a day. Here’s a sampling of a VERY common conversation in our home. You can change the items being discussed, but the outcome will still be the same.

Mommy: “Xandra, do you want the pink bowl or blue bowl?”

Xandra: “Pink bowl.”

Mommy proceeds to make her food in the pink bowl.

Xandra: (sees the food in the pink bowl, and exclaims in frustration) “But I don’t WANT the pink bowl.”

I suppose it is simply our sinful nature to be dissatisfied with the very thing we wanted five minutes or seconds ago. Is this God's way of preparing us for puberty 11 years early?

Some of Xandra’s other favorite words that sometimes cause trouble in our home are, “Why?”, “Sister stop touching me”, “Sister stop yelling (in her best yelling voice), “Sister, no bite me”, and “No, sister, no.”

1 comment:

  1. love to feel her sweet little mouth wrapped around mycock sucking it my hand in her panties

    ReplyDelete